Use of Personal Information
Here are some examples of the types of personal information iPowerUp may collect and how we may use it.
When and what information do we collect?
- We collect information from you when you register on the site, place an order, enter a contest or sweepstakes, respond to a survey or communication such as e-mail, or participate in another site feature.
- We may ask you for your name, e-mail address, mailing address, phone number, credit card information or other information when ordering or registering. You may, however, visit our site anonymously.
- In order to fulfill gift purchases, we collect information about gift recipients. The information we collect about gift recipients is not used for marketing purposes.
Like many other websites, we use “cookies” to enhance your experience and gather information about visitors and visits to our websites
How we use your personal information
- The personal information we collect allows us to keep you posted on iPowerUps latest product announcements, and upcoming events. It also helps us to improve our services, content, and advertising. If you don’t want to be on our mailing list, you can opt out anytime.
- We also use personal information to help us develop, deliver, and improve our products.
- From time to time, we may use your personal information to send important notices, such as communications about purchases and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies. Because this information is important to your interaction with iPowerUp, you may not opt out of receiving these communications.
- We may also use personal information for internal purposes such as auditing, data analysis, and research to improve iPowerUp products, services, and customer communications.
- If you enter into a sweepstake, contest, or similar promotion we may use the information you provide to administer those programs.
- The personal information allows us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
- To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests.
- To quickly process your transactions.
Use of Non-Personal Information
iPowerUp also collects non-personal information: data in a form that does not permit direct association with any specific individual. We may collect, use, transfer, and disclose non-personal information for any purpose. The following are some examples of non-personal information that we collect and how we may use it:
- We may collect information such as occupation, language, zip code, area code, unique device identifier, location, and the time zone where an iPowerUp product is used so that we can better understand customer behavior and improve our products, services, and advertising.
If we do combine non-personal information with personal information the combined information will be treated as personal information for as long as it remains combined.
How does iPowerUp protect customer information?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information. Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. When you place orders or access your personal information, we offer the use of a secure server. All sensitive/credit information you supply is transmitted via PayPal. Paypal uses industry-leading technology (such as SSL) to keep your information safe. Your confidential information is automatically encrypted in transit from your computer to our PayPal account using the Secure Sockets Layer protocol (SSL) with an encryption key length of 128-bits (the highest level commercially available).
Do we disclose the information we collect to outside parties?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. The term “outside parties” does not include iPowerUp or the website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We can also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property, or safety. Additionally, in the event of a reorganization, merger, or sale we may transfer any and all personal information we collect to the relevant third party.
Third party links
We may include third party links on our site for the purpose of providing you with a better experience. These linked sites have separate and independent privacy policies. iPowerUp and its staff therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. However we do seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these linked sites. Please let us know so we can continue to make a better experience for you.